Volunteer and Internships
Interested in sharing your love of history with fellow El Pasoans and visitors? The El Paso Museum of History is looking for motivated volunteers to assist various departments of the Museum. If you are interested in becoming involved in your community by deepening your connection with the museum, sharing your knowledge, gaining experience, building your resume or meeting new people, we are eager to hear from you. We ask that all volunteers new and sustaining attend a volunteer meeting before you start. It is held the second Thursday of every month, from 5-7 p.m. This is for new volunteers. Ongoing volunteers are also encouraged to go for updated information on exhibits, programs, etc. at 5:30 p.m.
We ask for:
- A welcoming personality
- A willingness to learn about the Museum
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Becoming a Tour Guide
- Assisting with family oriented programs
- Assisting in museum projects
- Helping with special events
Benefits of volunteering:
- Meeting new friends
- Learning new information and skills
- Get togethers such as Summer ice Cream Social and holiday tree trimming party
The El Paso Museum of History accepts interns on a rolling basis. If you would like to become an intern, send in your resume along with a letter of interest stating your availability, goals and objectives, and contact information. Successful applicants must fill out the City Volunteer application and waiver. Interning at EPMH is currently an unpaid position. Interns will be asked to work on one of the Museum’s projects or to create a project of their own.
To apply for either volunteer or internship please complete and send in:
- City Volunteer application (for both volunteers and interns)
- Cover letter stipulating your needs, goals, time period and days of availability
- You must attend a volunteer meeting before you start. It is held the second Thursday of every month, from 5-7 p.m. This is for new volunteers. Ongoing volunteers are also encouraged to go for updated information on exhibits, programs, etc.
For more information about volunteering or internships, please contact Ms. Jaime Knoedler at 915.212.3163 or firstname.lastname@example.org